A Boutique Law Firm. Our size fosters true collaboration as well as a personal and focused approach to navigating clients’ legal and business issues and delivering exemplary service.
Clients demand a level of performance that we have been able to achieve by concentrating on a few core areas of law and policy. Because of our combined federal focus and international experience, clients, including Fortune 1000 and global companies, organizations, individuals, and governmental entities throughout Mexico and around the world, entrust Etchegaray Abogados with their most complex business matters.
Real Estate Transactions a Month
We recognize that the world we operate in and the legal transactions is changing and having an impact in Mexico. We must be ready to change if we are to continue to lead and shape our sector
The advice we give clients has to take into account not only the law and regulation but also the latest news, views and trends
Ensuring to continue as one of the best placed Boutique Law Firms within Mexico to advise leading international companies, family business and organizations on their most complex, strategic and reputation critical opportunities and challenges while doing business in Mexico, because these are the areas where the quality of our expertise and knowledge and experience will deliver the greatest impact and value
Assistance across multiple legal practice areas
Boutique Law Firm
Leading and closing 4 deals a week
M&A Transactional Deals
We become a strategic legal partner of our clients in significant transactions
Strong Local Expertise
Advise our clients in entering and expanding their operations in Mexico
Strengthening your business in Mexico
We help clients competing in today's new world economic order
Overcome the challenges
Many of our clients are listed as well in Dow Jones, DAX, and the Mexican Stock Exchange.
Full project lifecycle experience, unrivalled legal expertise and global best practice knowhow, nobody knows solar like we do.
Hundreds of MW’s of Solar Power Projects
We support buyers and sellers at all stages of transactions in Mexico
From bid preparation and submission to negotiation, sign-off and close. Our track record in M&A, expertise and local knowledge ensure that we deliver cost-effective, high quality legal services.
Mauricio Etchegaray H.
Mauricio Etchegaray H.
Founding partner of Etchegaray Abogados in Mexico City and Aguascalientes, where he specializes in a wide range of matters related to business law and family businesses, including cross-border merger and acquisitions transactions, real estate investments, spin-offs, drafting and negotiation of a large variety of civil and commercial contracts, Private Equity transactions and co-investments. He has actively represented a variety of companies and investors both national and foreign in the sale or acquisition of their interests and businesses in Mexico, and also handles corporate governance, financing and other related issues. He provides advice in all aspects of corporate and commercial law related to the incorporation, operation and maintenance of Mexican companies, of national or foreign clients, that operate in different sectors and industries in Mexico.
He received his law degree from the Universidad Panamericana, in Mexico City. He also has Master’s Degree studies in the London School of Economics and Political Science and in Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität.
Mr. Etchegaray worked as Foreign Associate in the office of Frankfurt am Main of Baker & McKenzie, in 2013-2014. Before joining us, Mr. Etchegaray worked with other prestigious Mexican firms since 2006.
- Advised in the preparation, revision and negotiation of different commercial contracts for the distribution and commercialization of Robert Bosch GmbH in Mexico.
- Advised Univisión México (UNLP) for the merger and corporate restructuring with Notivisión.
- Advised SunGard de México in different transactions and corporate matters for its operation and commercialization in México.
- Advised Burger King México, in corporate matters and those related to corporate policies for the Group in Mexico.
- Advised Danone México in the integration and structuring of different subsidiaries for their commercialization and expansion of production lines.
- Advised Siemens AG, in the execution of loan and financing agreements with different European Banks.
- Advised Yorkville Advisors, in transactions in the investment of capital for the acquisition of shares in companies listed on the Frankfurt am Main stock exchange.
- Advised the capital fund Fidelity Fonds A-PFG for the investment of capital in funds in the pensions system in Germany.
- Advised various funds and banks on regulatory aspects in the diversification of capital, including the new AIFMD rules.
He was a professor in the Universidad Iberoamericana (IBERO) from 2010-2012, where he taught classes in Private International Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms.
Native language Spanish and also fluent in English and German.